Give Time

I have been writing these writes daily, trying to get something out here, but with a lot of these, I am not content, because some nights I didn't want to say anything and yet I wrote something because I thought I had to. And it wasn't work that surprised me or revealed in me an inner admiration, which is what I now figure I want.

So I will discontinue this.

I listened to John Cleese's talk on creativity and it became apparent to me that I need give space to writing, actually set out time for it to come, time where nothing is wrong and I am just at play. That is in contrast with what I have been doing for most of these writes: writing hurriedly in some umbric corner of the day about another corner of that day. Talking about cobwebs.

I'd rather not publish anything, because I pressure myself into a finished state, even though these writes have mostly just been gatherings from the top of the cliff, thrown off into the beyond of the internet. It would be more fruitful to set aside time - not to get something to a published state from the first go, but to just write; be still first, then write out of that stillness. Give time to it.

No promises on what will come, if anything. I feel that I need to show up to it. Show up, with the time, at the time, and be. Maybe writing will happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment