Enough

I found myself worrying, as I have been the past few days, about my upcoming driving test. I think I will feel a kind of shame in not passing it - I project it out. Projected, I should say, because as I type this, I don't feel I will. I'm still worth love. I'm good enough to pass it. I trust my abilities will stack up, but if they don't yet, so be it. I am good enough. I am worthy, in other words, to succeed. The outcome isn't what I am basing this on, because I don't know whether I am to pass it yet. Today whenever I began the worry thoughts, this thought of I am good enough came to me, as an answer.

Triumphantly, thankfully, it came from within me, whereas before it would come from outside of me, whether from my girlfriend's vocal chords or correspondence, or from music.

I am enough. I take out the 'good', because that is not my domain. I don't know whether I will do well in the test, whether I will remember what to do correctly. I trust I will. Do I trust my body? Thoughts deny me that. I trust God.

I am enough, for thy will be done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment