Body Limit

Previous to tonight's workout with my friend, I would give in to the strain of pushing or pulling the iron weights earlier, because my mind would tell me it's tired, and wants to do something else, wants to run. But tonight, with him, I wasn't thinking, I simply just followed his instructions. The workout was maybe twice as long as my previous ones have been, and without my mind to convince me to give in, my body had to. There were reps I simply couldn't do because my muscles had stopped in mid-flex. That was when I had reached the body limit.

So now I know. My mind may barrier me in, but my body can go further. When it says stop, so I will finish the set with a lower weight, then move on to another exercise. The mind's limit, as it stands, can be surpassed by the body's; like the cordon barriers can be pushed back. I like that during the workout, my mind was quiet, because my body needed it to be quiet, so that it could work. And work it did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment